Friday, March 09, 2007

On books and music

This other day I got this strange idea.
Music (cassettes or CDs) is like a mistress. You love her, you cannot live without her. She consumes you but six months later you get bored and you move on.
In this case to another album or another band. You keep the music for memory's sake but once the magic has worn off, well its worn off.
Books on the other hand are like friends. You get to know them. You are wary at first about what you are getting into. But as you get to know them better, your friendship grows. You go through them (the books I mean) but you never finish them. You always keep comnig back to them for solace, advice or just for a few laughs.

Talking about friends, a bunch of them have been a great help lately. Very self-lessly one chap has gone out of his way to help me in something important. Even though we knew each other only vaguely when we were in the same milieu. God bless my friends!

I miss Delhi and home.....

No comments: