Saturday, August 25, 2007

I wish there were more hours in a day....

Yesterday, I woke up at 11. Then I went for a trek in the Macritchie Reservoir (I am not sure I got the spelling right). It was not too much of a trek really. More like a walk across the jungle. Still after almost four months of living in a concrete jungle with nothing else in sight except high-rises, roads, cars and buses, its nice to get out in the open and look at monitor lizards....

Came back at about six and then set off directly to go pub-hopping in the Clark Quay area. First we went to this pub called the Crazy Elephant. It was a nice place with moderately priced beer and "comfortable" music. What I liked most about that pub were the two wide screen television monitors on which they displayed the weirdest and the most obscene set of jokes that I have ever come across. 
The beer there was nice but the pub was too full of loud-mouthed Australians for my liking and two of my buddies did not like the pubs version of a "Chivas Regal Jug". It was a big jug full of water, ice-cubes with traces of Chivas Regal Whiskey in it. So after a round of drinks we decided to go pub-hopping. 
We did not do much of hopping. Just hopped right across the Quay to this place called Brewerkz. That outfit brews its own beer. The music is again "comfortable" (Boo! Hoo!!!) but the service is nice, and they have a set of really wide screen television screens but this time they were displaying the EPL matches live. 
We drank beer and scotch and cheered for Chelsea as they tried every dirty tactic in the book to keep Portsmouth at bay. A school buddy of mine dropped in to say hi but since he had two women in tow, he decided he was better off without this pack of rambunctious  and lecherous IIT-ians. So five minutes of hugging and back-slapping and he was off.
Just after half-time we all left. I got home at half-past one in the morning after having a really fun and active day. Fell straight into bed.

I wish all days were like this. I wish I could work like a dog, party like an animal and sleep like a log. The only problem is that The Maker has given me only twenty-four hours in a day to do it all in......

No comments: