Friday, June 05, 2009

Why I (may) not convert to a 'twit'?

I love reading magazines. After me and D got bored of the Straitstimes drivel, we decided to curtails our newspaper subscription to just a weekend delivery and subscribed to the Time.

Its quite a nice change. The only fly in the ointment is....where is the time?
Weekdays go in work, weekends (should) go into house-cleaning, meeting up at Brewerkz, and catching up on my Equalizer project....

Just been reading this frontpage art-kill on twitter and got inspired to blog. No, I am not in any near future converting to a twit. Part of the reason is that I feel too old (my 28th birthday was last week) for these new-fangled ideas and the other part is that I do not want an insistent, "What are you doing now?" thingy beeping away my attention span.

Results also last week. Got an A- and a B+ :|.

5 comments:

sbharti said...

hey kanan, can u suggest me sth good to read about indian politics? seeing the current turmoil in indian politics, i jst got interested in the whole melodrama of wat happened in times of nehru post 1947, and how indira change the dynamics of indian political system..

PS : jst out of curiosity though, वैसे मैं भी यही मानता हूँ कि देश की राजनीति का कुछ नहीं हो सकता।

सौरब भारती said...

u can respond here, im following the comments :)

Cane-an said...

Hi Saurabh,
After these general elections, I am no longer that pessimistic about the Indian polity. A really good book to read is "Freedom at Midnight" but that is hardly modern politics. For modern politics, try "India Unbound" by Gurcharan Das. That will really make you happy and give you an idea of what happened during the Indira years

Sane said...

u got a B+... heh... u ARE getting old!!

सौरभ भारती said...

thanks kanan.. wud like to read ur thoughts on ur hopes from the new govt. in a blog entry :-)