Saturday, October 29, 2005

New Delhi Bomb blasts

Yesterday three bombs exlpoded in the crowded marketplaces of New Delhi while innocent mothers and children were doing their shopping for Diwali and Eid.

The newspapers are putting the toll at 67 people killed and some 200 injured. When I read the story on rediff, I was shocked. I was in office then. After finishing my owrk, I went home, turned on NDTV only to listen to our honourable Home Minister saying things on these lines:

"We condemn this act in the most stringent terms, there is little else that we can do.
The government is going to release compensation for the victims to the families of the killed and injured.
I request everyone to go home...."

I went crazy with anger on hearing this. We have become a nation who has made practising restraint a national profession. Why can't we go ahead and take out the militant camps ourselves. Why are we spending so much on defence if we cannot even safegaurd our people from fanatics across the border when:
1. We know who they are
2. We know WHERE they are
3. We know what they intend to do to us.

All we do is, cry in the world fora and listen to every Tom, Dick and Harry who tells us to practise restraint while if they were faced with the same situation, they would'nt care two fig-leaves about world opinion.

Dear Home Minister, thank you!!!
Thank you for telling us what you are capable of. Thank you for clearing our doubts about the existence of your balls. Next time onwards, if I raise a gun to defend myself, please don't hold me guilty!

No comments: