Thursday, January 08, 2009

The lost art of blogging

Once in a while in the life of a blogger facing a mountainous writer's block, comes an existential question. 

Why do I blog?

That's the one facing me right now.  I am not a professional book reviewer. I do not watch many movies so I cannot fill my blog with reviews like I have been donig in the past. 
There's much I'd like to write about the burning issues of the day but I am neither in India nor am I a qualified observer therefore my take on situations is going to be biased and hopelessly out of context. Who cares anyway....

This blog started out as (if I may grandiosly call that) a celebration of life. Not the big things but the small ones. Smelling flowers, chasing butterflies, cracking jokes, keeping the tongue firmly in cheek.

I have not stopped seeing all that's funny in everyday life but I have stopped recalling them.

Lets hope I get my funny bone back soon.

5 comments:

Satpreet said...

Happy New Year Kanan!

Anonymous said...

really long time no post [:)]

kriti said...

here's a reason to motivate you to write: because there are people like me who like to read your writing... e.g. your incident about coming up with a brainstorm while gawking at a beautiful babe was hilarious

crasiezt said...

Yes yes, please write:-)

Anonymous said...

You had a funny bone once?