Sunday, July 23, 2006

On the therapeutic effects of heavy metal....

Rock has always been a part of me. Starting from Bryan Adams (off a cassette which my bro bought and I stole..) to Rammstein, ACDC, Green Day that I listen to these days.
Many people have been responsible for giving this gift to me. My brother, Brijendar, Madhu (school-time buddies), Chiro, Sid, Shiraj, Arnab Chaks....etc...
These days when I sit and mope in front of my PC and look at the list of people who have checked out my profile recently (all of them entirely male...unfortunately), I just turn on ACDC and lose myself in the sounds of the guitar.
It would be a mistake to call ACDC melodious....blasphemy even. All I can say is that it resonates with whatever I have inside me. Now elementary physics tells you that resonance leads to increase in the energy levels of the resonating system. The same thing happens to me.
After a tiring day at work, I need half an hour's rock therapy to get me going for a nice post dinner session at home.
Rock rocks!!!!

No comments: