Sunday, September 16, 2007

Man! I hate shopping...

If you ever want to torture me, all you have to do is hand me some cash and tell me to go and buy myself a wardrobe full of clothes. When it comes to buying books and music CDs I can claim to almost enjoy the process but when it comes to buying shirts and shoes, all I do is grit my teeth and try to get it over with as quickly as possible. I have gone to limits like going to work in shoes with my toes sticking out for a fortnight while waiting for a guardian angel to come and buy shoes for me with no intervention on my part (except having to pay the bills of course). 

Nothing like that ever happens of course.. 

I always have the feeling that if I buy something:
1. It won't fit me when I try it out again at home (as if I were a Complan boy who gains inches in minutes)
2. I won't like the shade when I wake up next morning
3. While trying out all the permutations of shirts, trousers and shoes, the sales-woman is sniggering at my taste in clothes..
4. ... or is laughing at the ratty socks I am wearing (which need a replacement themselves but I have yet to come round to replacing them..)

So the shopping pattern with me is normally ... six months no activity....one day enough shopping to fill my wardrobe to overflowing... six months no activity....

Last week I bought myself a pair of shoes (along with three shirts, two trousers, one T-shirt and another pair of shoes...). Next morning I got a feeling that the shade of the pair of sport shoes is decidedly feminine. Then it turned out to be one size too small. 

Normal occurrence with Kanan Saurabh whose idea of buying shoes is 
1. To rush in a shoe-shop 
2. Stare psychotically around him 
3. Pick a pair at random 
4. Hand a fist-ful of bills to the bemused cashier and 
5. Rush out for dear life...

Buying a replacement is among my week's to-do list right now. But ... Man! I hate shopping...
 

3 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

tell the truth dood! didnt u buy a pair of pink shoes for ur girl and then she asked u to wear them?

Cane-an said...

I wish....
My life is not so romantic as you imagine it to be...