Monday, March 10, 2008

Reminiscing while down with 'flu

I have 'flu.
Again.
Anyway, while in bed, I recall the GLORIOUS week I spent in Malaysia with a few of my old and new buddies. We went all over the place. Johor, Kuala Lampur, Penang, Kuala Lampur again, Taiping, Penang again and then finally I made my weary way back to Singapore
all by myself while my ex-boss got on with work in Penang.
A few interesting things I did in Malaysia
1. I realized that "Kanan" in Malay actually means "right". Now finally I met some sensible people who know that I am ALWAYS right!
(This says that the toll booth is on the right)

2. I had a full body massage along with an Irishman. The lady who massaged me was this cute Chinese girl. Pretty, lithe, slim. I wondered what she will be able to do and told her patronizingly to give her best. When she got started, I was knocked out. She packed some punch!
3. We went to the Sepang racing circuit. Missed a training race by twenty minutes.
4. We slept in a hotel which looked out on the Penang bay. Beautiful view from the 32nd floor
5. I bought a soft-toy in a KL mall. Its a giraffe with a very amused, bemused and innocent face. It sits on my desk and reminds me of my expression while I debug circuits....
6. We sampled Malay food. What I get in Singapore is sawdust compared to that.
7. I took at walk in the dead of the night and went to look at the Petronas Towers. One picture is etched in my mind. The Petronas towers visible in the sky, hookers soliciting just below them.
8. Took endless walks in KL and Penang. KL is a mess. Noisy, busy, crowded. Penang is an oasis in comparison. Colonial buildings, quiet, cheap.
9 Drove endlessly all over the Malay Peninsula
10. Walked from Malaysia to Singapore. Malaysian check-point was neat and tidy. Singaporean check-point was a mess.

Now I need a tissue...

12 comments:

crasiezt said...

Hope you got the tissue:-) Howz you now Mr RIGHT? Any better?

Now I know where that giraffe came from...

Seems like you had one hell of a trip man!!

Cane-an said...

Nope...no better :(
Yeah I did! That was ONE crazy trip.

Unknown said...

sahi hai dost.. i mean Right...
hahah, so u are enjoying east hhmm.
aur suna...
wapas kab aa raha hai...

crasiezt said...

Awwwww take care!!

Cane-an said...

Bittu tussi idhar????
Not really enjoying man! Doing my best actually. Bangy was much more fun.

innovation said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cane-an said...

Buddy,
You tied something a few days ago...
You should not be looking for titillation!

Anonymous said...

1. I thought Kanan means garden :)
Also check this out :)

http://www.babynames.com/name/KANAN

2. Body massage along with a Irish" man"?? [:D]..Well ahem ahem..chinese girl..ohhhhhhhhhhh

he he

viski said...

I had a weird dream last week. You had a french beard, looked tired and slowly started resembling an east asian. Man, get married before my dream (nightmare??) comes true..

Cane-an said...

How will me getting married save me from looking tired or growing a Frenchie?
If I keep having the food I get here I will really start looking like an East Asian....

townpreneur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cane-an said...

Come on Piyush!
Why delete that comment? It was quite valid!