Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This evening in Singapore

This last weekend I had an appointment with one of my friends here in Singapore. It was early evening. Just the right time to land up in Brewerkz and get a pint going. So I was hurrying off from my apartment to the mrt station.
On the way to the station, there comes a long alley-way. I got in that and at the exact same time in the opposite direction, got in a gorgeous looking Indian girl.
Now there are lots of Indians here in Singapore but out of some freak of nature, very few look any good. Now I feel that Indian women are one of the most beautiful in the world and therefore that is quite a disappointment.
What was not a disappointment was this particular girl. Tall, dusky, well dressed, slim. Smashing combination.
Now I am 'seedha-saadha' guy. Here I am in this long alley way. Here is the girl in the long alley way coming from the opposite end. No one else in sight. She is beautiful. My spectacles are the right power. I proceeded to pay her a compliment by looking at her quite appreciatively.

We walk towards each other
I look at her
She looks back
Our eyes meet
I smile
She smiles
We come closer

Suddenly the penny drops and I realize that the particular jitter issue I had been seeing in the newest silicon could be due to missing de-cap! (Cannot get into too many specifics here)

My expression suddenly changes from a complacent welcoming smile to one of "Eureka!!!". The only thing I did not do was say out loud, "OHHHH!!!!"

Her expression suddenly changes from a modest 'come-hither' to one of shock. She took me for a freak, quickened her steps and started looking this way and that for possible help.

I forgot about Brewerkz, landed up at work and figured that I was right!
She went her way and probably breathed a sigh of relief once I was out her sight.

People at work were extremely delighted both by the theory and how it came about.
My boss very nicely offered to finance my trips to Little India. He figured staring at Indian women gives me million dollar ideas...

Oh well....this is probably the first time a chip has been debugged by looking at girls. I think I should do it more often....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I got a theory to share !

That beautiful girl reminded your subconscious that there you could use "cap" for..blah blah..

This made you think of cap and hence Decap placements.

Nevermind he he ..

innovation said...

Hey that was fantastic, eitherways silicon with an e has always been an object of fascination for the men folk...u just need to gravitate towards 'e'...

crasiezt said...

So weird man! You see a pretty girl and think about work!!Stumped

Cane-an said...

Work and women....
I wish the association went a bit further than just in my thoughts....

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

dats kinda abnormal but interesting!!

kriti said...

kanan bhai... sahi incident tha!!!

hilarious to read...

keep us posted with such future liasons of yours.

and surely sometime in the future you will be able to see both sides of the "penny".. that is "naukri bhi aur chokri bhi"...

Cane-an said...

Gunj!
Welcome to my page. You call this abnormal! This is ME!

Cane-an said...

Kriti...
Keep checking for further updates. :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, Chetan Bhagat is a kid infront of you...
The Inter-stellar confederation of mad poets and writers need you more than the Silicon(e?) valley.